Things to Consider Before Using Treadmills for Workout
Treadmills are simple equipment to use for exercise. They can be used indoor or outdoor. The principles of how to use them properly are also relatively simple. You can simply walk or run on the moving belt following your workout regime to reach your goal. Working out on treadmills can help maintaining your fitness as well as reducing your weight. You can burn calories by maintaining regular workout on treadmills.
Even tough treadmills are safe equipment for exercise, it doesn’t mean you can just use it carelessly because there is always risk for injury.
So here are some considerations you need to take before using treadmill for workout:
- The reason why you perform exercise is to maintain your fitness and stay healthy and play kiu kiu online. However, using treadmill for exercise won’t do any good to your body if you have joint or back problems. Thus, make sure to talk to your doctor first to see if you have those problems. Your doctor will specify your condition and they will suggest what type of workout the best for you. Following your condition, your doctor will decide whether you have to stick with low-impact or high-impact training.
- Walking or running treadmill bare foot is strongly prohibited because it can cause some injury such as burns, scrapes, blisters, etc. Always wear comfortable running shoes to support your arches. There is no other substitution for running shoes to use for exercising on treadmills. Flip flops or sandals won’t do.
- Stay hydrated before, during, and after exercise. It is highly recommended to drink 0.5-0.7 l of water 90 minutes before starting your workout. Bring your water bottle and place it on the treadmill so you will stay hydrated during your workout. About the type of the drink, you can stick to mineral water. However, you can also drink isotonic if necessary. Make sure to avoid highly sweetened drinks.
- It is highly suggested to wear thick socks during your workout on treadmill to avoid getting blisters. The moving belt of treadmill cause heat and friction so if your socks are too thin, your feet can easily get blisters. You can try crew socks since they are more comfortable for running on treadmill instead of ankle socks.
- Always pay attention to the setting of the equipment and you’d better get familiarized yourself before using the treadmill. Therefore, you will know what to do with the equipment when you need it such as in emergency state.